Full Documentation Requirements:

In general for Conventional, FHA and Owner Occupied properties, you will need following documentation:

1003 1003 Loan Application
credit Credit Authorization
1003 Borrowers Certification

Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)
Purchase Agreement.
Copy of the escrow instructions and MLS sheet.
If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract.
If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).

Income & Assets

Tax returns for last two years
Names and addresses of each employer and time frame you worked there

W-2s or 1099s

Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last two months all pages including blanks.
Estimated value of personal property.
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:

Explanation and source for deposit.

If large deposit was a gift:

Signed gift letter (lender can supply).

Copy of gift check.

Copy of deposit receipt.
If you own more than 25% of a business:

Corporate or partnership tax returns.
If self-employed:

Tax returns for the last two years (with schedules).

Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
If you own rental property:

Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
If you are retired:

Pension Award Letter.
If you receive Social Security:

Social Security Award Letter.
If you are counting child support as income:

Copy of divorce settlement.

Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.


Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans.
Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:

Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.

Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).

VA Loans

Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.


Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
Residence addresses for the past two years.
If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.

Printer Friendly
ECOA CA. Bureau of Real Estate, License No. 01358720, NMLS ID 503753.